Head of the Department’s report for the 2018-2019 academic year
Head of the Department’s report for the 2018-2019 academic year (presentation)
Regulation on the department
Regulation on the Teaching And Research Laboratory Of Regional Human-Geographical Research
Regulation on the Teaching Laboratory Of Socio-Economic And Information Technologies
Regulations on work planning, reporting and evaluation teaching staff of V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
Rules of appointment and payment of scholarships in V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
Approved at the department meeting (Minutes №3 dated 17.11. 2011)
The strategic directions of development of the Department of Human Geography and Regional Studies for 2012 - 2020 years
Introduction. Development Strategy of the Department of Human Geography and Regional Studies is in line with the draft National Strategy for the Development of Education in Ukraine determines main directions, priorities, the task of implementing the latter.
Execution of qualitative changes should help to improve the competitiveness of the specialists' economic and social geography "(Bachelors and Masters).
The main strategic directions of the department:
- Optimization of the structure and content of the curriculum of the specialty "Economic and social geography";
- Providing optimal conditions for learning, self-education and self-development of students;
- Computerization and informatization of educational process and research of students and teachers;
- Development of distance learning;
- Providing conditions for innovation Department;
- The development of inter-university and international cooperation;
- Material support training and research.
Ensuring innovation department to be conducted in line with and in close collaboration with innovative center of Kharkov National VN Karazin, involve the process of teaching staff, graduate students, undergraduates department.
Educational work is aimed at training professionals in the field of economic and social geography based on the latest innovative pedagogical and information technologies. For this purpose it is planned:
1. The development and introduction of new lecture courses "Information Geography and GIS", "Information technologies in territorial management," "simulation sotsioheosystem", "regional planning", "Municipal management". The study of these disciplines will enhance theoretical and applied component of the educational process, students will get acquainted with innovative methods of social geographic research, to develop the skills of regional analysis and forecast.
2. Opening of academic specialization "Information geography and territorial organization of society" will provide an opportunity to attract more students and increase the competitiveness of the labor market.
3. Completion of the design of complex teaching of all disciplines (guidelines, training complexes, dictionaries, manuals, etc.) and the establishment of appropriate electronic database. Given the increasing number of foreign students, ensuring 100% of their respective methodical literature in two languages
4. Development of alternative practices program for international students, providing them with appropriate teaching materials.
5. Providing continuous expansion of teaching and research materials in the repository CSL KNU.
6. The use of computer technology in the teaching of subjects, including the transition to 100% support multimedia curriculum of courses taught in the department.
7. Development of measures for implementation of distance learning students in form.
8. Introduction of some courses with instruction in English.
9. More active and effective involvement of students to participate in competitions, Olympiads: Competition Scholarship Program "Zavtra.UA" Victor Pinchuk Foundation, competitions of student research projects KNU named after VN Kharkiv, Ukrainian Olympiad on geography and more. Provide regular meetings Discussion Club students (monthly), which discussed the development of social geography, the results of research students.
10. Strengthening the scientific component in the performance diploma based on personal and group research expedition, practical training based institutions and organizations, determining the real subjects of research that could be pursued within the graduate school.
11. Enhancing vocational work, which is planned to continuous updating and presentation materials appropriate page on the department.
Scientific research work
The work of the department aims to perform research theme "Socio-geographic features of social security in the region as a factor in its sustainable development in terms of environmental management."
Main directions of the department in terms of the above research topics:
1. Participation in competitions to obtain grants and the right to carry out research work from the state budget and other funds.
2. Working with graduate students and applicants, protection of master's theses: O.M. Zadiesientsev, K.O. Kravchenko, M.O. Logvinova, O.S. Suptelo, O.S. Chuiev.
3. Completion of research "Socio-geographic basis for sustainable development of the Ukrainian-Russian border", "geo-economic and civilizational framework of a global social and economic space", "Peculiarities of functioning and territorial organization of agriculture of the North-Eastern region of Ukraine in terms of integration of Ukraine into WTO ". Preparation and publication of monographs "Sphere of Culture, Luhansk region (socio-geographical aspect)," The sphere of religion Kharkiv region: problems and prospects "," Agriculture of North-Eastern Ukraine: peculiarities of formation, functioning and territorial organization. "
4. Coverage and discussion of research during the annual scientific conference with international participation "Region: optimal development strategy" and the Conference of Students and Young Scientists "Region: social and geographical aspects." The outcome of their conference materials will be issued, which show different aspects of regional development and methods of regional social and geographical research.
5. Conduct a comprehensive teaching and research student expedition in districts of Kharkiv region (every year in June) aimed at studying the social and geographical features of administrative territories grassroots level, consolidate theoretical and methodological skills of students, forming respective competences. The research results will be presented in the form of reports and presented to the district authorities and local authorities, in particular for use in educational-training process of educational institutions in the region. During expeditionary research will be carried out to identify the most capable scientific work of students for further study in graduate school.
6. Publication inter collection of scientific works "Journal socio-economic geography" (twice a year), which allows you to publish the results of research faculty and graduate students, as well as expanding relations department with scientists from other regions of Ukraine and abroad.
7. Launch your own website "Chasopys socio-economic geography" to promote the scientific achievements of faculty, graduate students.
8. Organizational work with include "Chasopys socio-economic geography" to the international database Scopus, which will raise the professional level of representation and expand the magazine by increasing the number of publications in English, and quality of publications.
9. Scientific cooperation with Ukrainian and foreign universities and research institutions to share research experience, learning new techniques of research, exchange of teaching materials and more.
10. Work on the organization of international cooperation, in particular to address the issue of training of teachers and graduate students in related universities and abroad, joint work on finding grants and their implementation.
11. Improving the efficiency of the research laboratory of regional socio-geographic research by running the actual topics of research faculty and students, including and through appropriate grants.
12. Conduct permanent Cathedral of scientific and methodological seminar involving scientists from other universities and research institutions, including in onlin mode.
Educational Activities will focus on identity formation, active life of students. An important role in this process should play curators. The main areas of work:
1. Conduct curatorial hours to discuss the problems of training, education, formation of personal and social behavior, national identity and so on.
2. Providing real functioning student government department, with special attention paid to the educational work and scientific activities of students.
3. Attracting students to participate in educational activities at the department: Freshman Day, Day Department, Student Day, New Year's Day graduate.
4. Mass cultural work, theaters, museums, exhibitions, excursions to study their native land, dating from Ukraine and abroad, which makes it possible to raise the cultural and educational level of students.
Staffing and financial support
1. Increase the professional level of the staff of the Department will facilitate the preparation and defense of theses in the following areas of research:
M.O. Logvinova "Human-geographical features of the development of agriculture in Kharkiv region"
O.S. Suptelo "Global Cities: Human-geographical aspects of Formation and Development"
2. Preparation and defense of doctoral theses:
Guseva N.V. "Human-geographical features of the contemporary urban processes: theory and practice" (Scientific consultant – DSc in Geography, prof. L.M. Niemets)
Kandyba Y.I. “Spatial and temporal features of the agro-industrial complex of Kharkiv region” (Scientific consultant – DSc in Geography, prof. L.M. Niemets)
Kornus O.G. "Human-geographical monitoring of the population's health (theory and practice)" (Scientific consultant – DSc in Geography, prof. K.A. Niemets)
3. The involvement of leading domestic and foreign experts to teach courses, reading some lectures, particularly online, which requires a cathedral Web laboratory.
4. Keeping your department's website in three languages.
5. Raising the question of the leadership of the Faculty of funding required travel of staff working on master's and doctoral theses.
6. Ensure all computers connecting to the Department global information resources that provide access researchers, teachers and students to the latest information, the possibility of a global educational space.
7. Providing educational process and scientific research work licensed computer programs.
8. Raising providing students with computers in a ratio of one student - one computer (or netbook).