Academic success of students
One type of creativity of students at the department have their part in the scientific discussion club, which brings together students and young scientists of the department. At club meetings, which are held every month more than a year, discuss topical issues related to contemporary social and geographical research, the development of the science, scientific research and so young. Sophisticated and clear organization of this form of educational work contributes to the creative activity of students increases the contribution of young researchers in research and development not only separate department, but the entire staff of the university.
The department of social and economic geography and regional studies are conducted monthly scientific-methodological seminars where undergraduates, graduate students, doctoral students, young teachers and researchers report the results of personal research. In general, the work of these groups involved over 30 students of geology, geography, recreation and tourism specialty "Economic and social geography."
Participation in scientific, scientific-theoretical and methodological conferences are a form of research students in higher education. The department annually held international scientific-practical conference of students and young scientists "Region: social and geographical aspects." Students are prepared under the supervision of theses, articles or essays that result from their research; during the conference plenary and breakout sessions report and discuss the main provisions of their research and studies of other participants.
During the 2014-2015 academic year students of the department took part in various educational and scientific activities, particularly in the HeoForumu 2015, which was held in the Volyn region, on the shores of Lake Svityaz 22-26 June 2015 (mahistrantky loaf I. Kravchenko Lozitskaya K. and V.) ; University student research in the natural sciences, Kharkiv regional student research in natural sciences; National competition of scientific student research in natural, technical and humanities direct "geographical science."
- Under the direction Nyemets KA trained winner of Ukrainian competition of scientific student research in natural, technical and humanities direct "geographical science", held on the orders of the MES of Ukraine geography (4 th year student Logvinova AM).
- Ukrainian competition of students' scientific works on natural, technical and humanities direct "geographical science" - Kravchenko K - 5 th year student, group GC-52 (award for the best report).
- Ukrainian competition of students' scientific works on natural, technical and humanities direct "geographical science" - A. Chuiev - 5 th year student, group GC-52 (award for the topicality of the problem of scientific research).
- Scholarship Kharkiv Mayor "Talent" - Logvinova M. (GC-42 group.)
- Scholarship Kharkiv Mayor "Talent" - Venhryn D. (Group HH-12).
- University contest "The best student group» of the 2014-2015 academic year of the Faculty of Mathematics Profile - First place team GC-42 (curator of k.heohr.n., Associate Virchenko PA);