The department has two laboratories, teaching and research laboratory of regional socio-geographical research and educational laboratory of social, economic and information technology.
In laboratories students engage in processing materials collected during the training and production practices, prepare reports on practices; graduate students and applicants work at scientific publications and conferences.
Teaching and research laboratory of regional social and geographical research at the department of Human Geography and Regional Studies has been functioning since July 1, 2007 at Sq. Svobody, 4, building 11, room. 3-63. Head of the Laboratory - PhD in geography, E.Y. Telebeneva
The purpose of the laboratory is
- practical and laboratory work in courses according to the curriculum;
- consulting the courses of the department, as well as individual and group consultations by lecturers;
- advising students on writing scientific papers, including competitive, diploma papers;
- preparation learning and methodical comlexes for normative courses and special courses of the Department according to the curriculum;
- organizing and conducting scientific and methodical seminars of department, "round tables" at seminars, conferences etc.
- organizing and conducting creative work with students, including meetings of the scientific discussion club and linguistic Club of business communication;
- technical and methodical support of the educational and research work of the Department;
- organization independent and group of students' academic and research work;
- implementation ICT in the educational process with the purpose of processing data received in regional expeditionary research;
- processing the results of students, PhD students' research of the Department;
- organization research work of PhD students and applicants of the Department in the preparation of PhD theses in areas of regional human-geographical research;
- processing results of students' educational and production practices and preparation materials to scientific reports, conferences and publications;
- establishment and maintenance of databases on the socio-economic situation of the settlements, social sphere and economy of Kharkiv region on the basis of materials collected during the Comprehensive student learning and research expeditions and other regional research, personal students, PhD students, lecturers' research;
- processing statistical and cartographic material collected during the Comprehensive student teaching and research expeditions and other regional studies;
- access to the Internet for collecting statistical data, studing new theoretical and methodological papers and use other information resources.
The laboratory is maintened with equipment for web-conferencing, online-meetings, online presentations in real time.
Educational Laboratory of Socio-economic and Information Technologies at the Department of Human Geography and Regional Studies has been functioning since 1995 at Sq. Svobody, 4, building 11, room. 5-66. Head of the Laboratory - Kobylin P.A.